


Can yesterday possibly top the day before? I think so, ask Lukas. He started the day bright and early wearing one of his suits, and thanks to Grampa Wally Lukas learned how to tie his own tie! He was off to hear Former Vice President Al Gore speak. I guess there was also a group of celebrities that greeted the kids prior to the Former VP that included Actors Matthew Modine and Ellen Burnstyn. Lukas was very impressed with Al Gore's talk and felt he was probably one of the smartest men he has come across. Coming from a democrat mother and republican father, I am proud that Lukas has remained bipartisan in his praise and gives it where it is due.
After the address, Lukas's group broke up into smaller groups to discuss and make their own winning campaign strategies.
Next Lukas went on a river cruise down the Potomac and had dinner. He said this was the most fun so far! He just thought the sights were beautiful and it was cool to see chunks of ice floating in the Potomac.
To end their long day in formal dress, the group then headed of to a night at the theater. I am not exactly sure what Lukas saw, but he said that is was a hysterical Shakespearean comedy with political satire???? Wow, I'm not sure what that means, but I guess the kids earned a night of laughs.
Back to the hotel, get some sleep and early to rise for President Elect Barack Obama's inauguration. Along with 1.4 million others......Can't wait to hear about that.
Meanwhile....in another part of town, Jim has been devoting his time to seeing as much of the Smithsonian as possible, as well as the Spy museum, the Museum of Crime and Punishment and the National Portrait gallery! He said today the city is suddenly incredibly populated and getting around is crazy! He might just opt for the inauguration on TV. Jim is probably wishing he was in Fiji right about now.
Till the day of change,
Shanna
No comments:
Post a Comment